Invisalign in Northport, NY
Serving the Northport, NY community
Not everyone is lucky enough to have teeth that are naturally straight and uniform. And, like many people, you may not have had the benefit of having crooked or crowded teeth straightened as a child. Or, if you did, your teeth may have since relapsed into their original position.
All is not lost if you’re an adult who wants a straighter smile, but you don’t want metal brackets and wires on your teeth. Invisalign clear braces in Northport, NY make straightening your teeth as an adult discreet, comfortable, and efficient.
Scheduling Your Invisalign Consultation in Northport, NY
Northport Family Dental is pleased to offer a complimentary Invisalign consultation. It is an excellent opportunity for you to meet our knowledgeable staff and doctors. Our discussion will educate you about orthodontic solutions as well as alternative treatments. With this knowledge, you will be better able to make an informed decision about whether or not Invisalign is an appropriate solution for you.
If you’re ready to say goodbye to your crooked smile, call our Northport, NY dental office today to arrange your complimentary Invisalign consultation.
- Straight Teeth Support Optimal Oral Health
- How Invisalign Clear Braces Work
- The Process for Getting Invisalign
- Problems That Invisalign Corrects
- Invisalign Benefits Compared to Metal Braces
- Wear Invisalign as Instructed for Fast Results
- Are You a Candidate for Invisalign Clear Braces?
Straight Teeth Support Optimal Oral Health
Crooked, crowded, or gapped teeth detract from the harmony and balance of your smile. Even if they’re only minor misalignments, you may feel that they’re the thing people see first when they meet you.
Aside from aesthetic concerns, however, misaligned teeth wear faster and fracture more often. This damage occurs slowly, usually over several years.
Another problem is that it can be difficult or impossible to get the floss in between crowded teeth, which makes adequate oral hygiene a challenge. When you can’t brush and floss all surfaces of your teeth, you’re at increased risk for cavities and gum disease.
Straightening your teeth with Invisalign enhances your appearance and helps support optimal oral health. Please call us to learn more about Invisalign clear braces at our Northport, NY dental office.
How Invisalign Clear Braces Work
Invisalign clear braces use an innovative orthodontic concept and technique to move teeth. As Dr. Rubin plans your treatment, he uses computer simulation to predict the progressive movements needed to align your teeth properly.
An Invisalign lab uses this treatment plan to fabricate several sets of clear plastic aligners. You’ll wear one set of aligners for two weeks then switch them out and move to the next set of aligners in the series. Your teeth are incrementally moved in this way until we achieve the desired result.
The Process for Getting Invisalign
Committing to fixing misaligned teeth is a significant step towards your overall health. Invisalign gives adults and older teens the ability to improve teeth alignment and bite issues with clear, removable aligner trays. It’s no wonder Invisalign in Northport, NY is such a popular treatment!
Invisalign treatment usually takes from 12 to 15 months. If you and your dentist have determined that you’re a good candidate, here’s what you can expect:
- After an in-depth evaluation, your dentist will take impressions of your teeth. Your dentist will send these impressions to Invisalign to create a 3-D model of your mouth. Invisalign sends an individualized digital treatment to your dentist that shows how the aligners will move your teeth. Dr. Rubin will work with the Invisalign lab to produce the optimal plan for you.
- You'll pick up your customized aligners at our dental office, and we'll instruct you to wear them at home for at least 22 hours every day.
- You’ll change your trays once every two weeks, which will continue to move your teeth in the right direction.
- Remove the Invisalign trays to eat, brush, and floss.
- When you’ve gone through all your Invisalign trays, we may need to tweak your results with additional aligners.
- Once you achieve the desired results, you'll need to wear your retainer as instructed so that your teeth don’t move back to their old positions.
We offer complimentary Invisalign consultations and would be happy to meet with you to answer your questions. Please call Northport Family Dental to schedule your appointment.
Problems That Invisalign Corrects
Using Invisalign, we can correct the following bite and alignment concerns:
- Open bite
- Crowded teeth
- Gapped teeth
Please call us to schedule an appointment with Dr. Rubin if you would like more information about Invisalign clear braces in Northport, NY.
Invisalign Benefits Compared to Metal Braces
Traditional bracket and wire braces are typically recommended for children and for adults with more severe tooth misalignment or bite problems. But if you want to make a cosmetic improvement to your smile by straightening crooked or crowded teeth, Invisalign is a great alternative.
- When compared to traditional braces, Invisalign offers numerous advantages:
- Crystal-clear plastic aligner trays bend with your smile, and most people won’t notice them.
- Smooth plastic trays eliminate the need for brackets and wires on your teeth.
- Since your Invisalign trays are removable, you can take them out for meals.
- No brackets and wires to clean around makes it easy to brush and floss.
- We don’t need to make adjustments as we do with metal braces, so your monthly check-ins are quick and comfortable.
- Total treatment times for adults can be as little as 12 to 15 months
Invisalign clear braces at our Northport, NY dental office have helped many adults who thought their crooked teeth were a lost cause. If you would like to see if you’re a candidate, please call us for your complimentary Invisalign consultation.
Wear Invisalign as Instructed for Fast Results
Treatment time varies depending on the complexity of the case and is comparable or faster than conventional bracket and wire braces. But the most critical factor in achieving the desired results in the shortest amount of time is wearing your Invisalign aligners for 22 hours or more every day.
Remember that every moment you're not wearing your aligners, your teeth are not being straightened. The longer you wear your aligners every day, the faster you'll see the results you desire. If Dr. Rubin finds that your teeth have not had time to move as predicted, he may need to adjust your treatment plan midway through. Our mutual goal should be to achieve the desired results quickly and according to plan.
Are You a Candidate for Invisalign Clear Braces?
Invisalign is a very popular way to correct the alignment of crooked or crowded teeth. Our Northport, NY patients like Invisalign because the aligner trays are removable, so their oral hygiene isn’t hampered by having to work around unattractive brackets and wires.
Invisalign treatment is referred to as a cosmetic orthodontic treatment because when worn, it is nearly invisible. The clear aligner trays must be worn consistently for at least 22 hours every day. You take your aligners out to eat or drink anything but clear liquids.
The majority of patients we see are candidates for Invisalign. The important thing to consider is what your expectations are for your treatment.
As dentists, we care about the proper alignment of teeth to maintain the health of supporting bone and surrounding soft tissues. We want the teeth to work together without causing excessive and premature wear, and properly aligned teeth exist in a healthier environment.