Committing to fixing misaligned teeth is an important step towards your overall health. Invisalign gives adults and older teens the ability to improve teeth alignment and bite issues with clear aligner trays that are removable. It’s no wonder Invisalign in Northport, NY is so popular!
Invisalign treatment usually takes from 12 to 18 months. If you and your dentist have determined that you’re a good candidate, here’s what you can expect:
- After an in-depth evaluation, your dentist will take impressions of your teeth. Your dentist will send these impressions to Invisalign to create a 3-D model of your mouth. Invisalign sends an individualized digital treatment to your dentist showing how your teeth will be moved. Your dentist will work with Invisalign to produce the optimal plan for you.
- When your Invisalign trays are finalized, you’ll wear them at home for a predetermined number of hours per day (typically about 22 hours).
- You’ll change your trays once every two weeks, which will continue to move your teeth in the right direction.
- You’ll remove the trays to eat, brush, and floss.
- When you’ve gone through all your Invisalign trays, we may need to tweak your results with additional aligners. Once your smile is complete, you will wear a retainer for a few months to ensure your teeth don’t move back to their old positions.
Scheduling Your Invisalign Consultation
If you would like to learn more about Invisalign or to schedule your appointment, call our office and our team will be happy to help you.